The Secretariat of Quality in Health and the Secretariat of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries have collaborated to publish Joint Resolution 16/2023.
- New limit of trans fatty acids to 2% of total fats published by The Argentinian Secretariat of Agriculture and Health
- Standard: The Peruvian Technical Standard for labeling foods with trans fatty acids approved by Inacal
The national quality institute (Inacal) has approved the new edition of the Peruvian technical standard, which establishes the appropriate way to record information on the content of trans fatty acids (TFA) in the labeling of packaged foods.
ANVISA (Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária), the regulatory authority for food and drug safety in Brazil, has recently addressed frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to infant formulas.
Instruction IN N° 221 was published in the Brazilian Government Gazette on April 24, 2023.
The Argentine Ministries of Agriculture, Livestock, and Fisheries and Health Quality published Joint Resolution No. 8/2023 on April 24, 2023 to establish guidelines for the use of high fructose corn syrup.
- National Food Commission (CONAL) reviews "Correctives and Adjuvants", of the Argentine Food Code (CAA)
The "Correctives and Adjuvants" section of the Argentine Food Code (CAA), which forbids the sale and use of essences and extracts of Wormwood and Ruda as well as the elements of natural essences of Tuyona in the food industry, is reviewed by the…
- Draft MERCOSUR Technical Regulation on silicones intended for the manufacture of materials, packaging, linings and equipment in contact with food
Argentina notified World Trade Organization about the draft MERCOSUR Technical Regulation pertains to silicones used in food-contact materials, packaging, linings, and equipment.
- Public consultation: Draft Mercosur Technical Regulation (RTM) on use of silicones in food contact applications
The draft RTM on silicones described for the manufacture of materials, packaging, coatings, and food-contact equipment is submitted for consultation before approval.
- Brazil establishes the phytosanitary requirements for the importation of citrus latifolia acid lime fruits from Mexico
Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock/Secretary of Agricultural Defense, Brazil established the phytosanitary requirements for the importation of citrus latifolia acid lime fruits produced in Mexico.
Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock/Secretary of Agricultural Defense issued an ordinance that approves the standardization of the nomenclature of wild eggs and egg products not subjected to heat treatment.