Food Supplements Health Claims - Overview
Most countries have established regulations and scientific standards to ensure that food labeling claims are expressed correctly and substantiated scientifically. These regulations and scientific requirements can differ based on various factors, like the type of label claims, the product of interest, their intended use, and country-specific requirements.
Freyr’s food label review experts can assist manufacturers in reviewing the food and food supplement claims based on the available scientific and Regulatory data of the respective Health Authority (HA) to ensure compliance. We review product formulas and their intended use to determine whether the functional food claims/nutrient claims qualify for a food supplement health claim or fall into any other category. Freyr's food supplements claims review expertise includes a comprehensive literature review to determine whether there is enough data to support the food and food supplements health claims.
Food Supplements Health Claims - Freyr Expertise
- Review product formulas and ingredients to decide on nutrient function claims.
- Review food labeling claims to determine if it qualifies for a health claim or some other claim based on labeling information.
- Claims review on artwork and promotional material.
- Review claims statements to ensure compliance with existing regulations.
- Literature reviews and data supporting claims that are available.
- Functional food and food supplement claims review.
Food Supplements Health Claims - Freyr Advantages
- Cost-effective consultation services.
- End-to-end functional food claims review consultation or any other type of claims review based on existing claims.
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of health foods like health supplements, dietary supplements, nutraceuticals, health functional foods, health functional beverages, foods for special dietary use, and much more.
- All categories of food products claim and food supplement claims review.
- Support for region-specific Regulatory complexities.
- Extensive partner network across the globe.
- A strong relationship with various global health authorities (HAs).
- A structured approach to ensure quick market access.