Food Supplements Registration in Thailand - Overview
In Thailand, the Thai Food and Drug Administration (Thai FDA) of the Thailand Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) is responsible for regulating food products under the Food Act B.E. 2522 (1979). The main regulation controlling all foods in Thailand is the Thailand Food Act, which gives the government and its officials the authority to control domestic production and imports and exports of food products for sale, as well as the criteria and penalties for food business in Thailand. The Food Act classifies foods into five (05) main categories, which are the following:
- Specially Controlled Foods
- Standardized Foods
- Other Foods
- Foods that Must Bear Standard Labels
- Other General Foods
The Thai food supplement market was worth around ฿87 billion ($2.6 billion) in 2021, and it tends to grow by 10% annually. The increased demand for beauty supplements, weight loss, and sports nutrition products is constant and will fuel market growth. Currently, Thailand has 6,300 companies that are registered with the Ministry of Commerce as producers of food supplements.
According to the Thailand food regulations, no one is permitted to produce food for sale unless the manufacturer has obtained a license from the Health Authority (HA). Freyr assists manufacturers to encash the growing food and food supplements market in Thailand with end-to-end Regulatory support, including food supplements registration in Thailand.
Food Supplements Registration in Thailand - Freyr Expertise
- Food Product Compliance aligning with the Food Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
- Thailand FDA food registration.
- Classification of Food Products.
- Formula Review/Ingredients Assessment.
- New Ingredient Listing on the Thailand FDA Food Registration Database.
- Food Label and Claims Review.
- Dossier Compilation, Review, and Submission to the Thai FDA.
- Legal Representation (LR) Support.
- Regulatory Intelligence (RI) Report.
- Food Import Guidance.
- Support in Analytical Testing of Samples.
- Safety Assessment of Ingredients.
- Local Language Labeling Support as per Thailand Food Labeling Regulations.
- Regulatory Translation Services.
- Expertise in New Ingredient Listing in the Thai FDA and Safety Assessment of Ingredients
Food Supplements Registration in Thailand - Freyr Advantages
A qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of foods like health supplements, dietary supplements, nutraceuticals, Health Functional Foods (HFFs), health functional beverages, Foods for Special Dietary Use (FSDU), etc.
Support in region-specific Regulatory activities.
Extensive partner network across the globe.
• A strong relationship with global Health Authorities (HAs).