South Korea's Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, has implemented new measures to bolster the safety management of imported food items purchased directly by consumers from overseas.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety introduces measures to enhance oversight of overseas direct purchases and streamline import inspections
- The Food Safety Administration issued warning for food supplements Bao Xuan Gold, Bao Xuan 50+ regarding advertisement
The Food Safety Administration has issued a warning regarding food supplements products Bao Xuan Gold and Bao Xuan 50+.
The Health Sciences Authority (HSA) is advising companies to monitor consumer feedback on the risk of peripheral neuropathy associated with excessive vitamin B6 intake.
The Food Safety and Quality Division of Malaysia has published two drafts for the main body and annexes of the Food Regulations 1985 in order to solicit feedback and comments from the general public.
In response to public health concerns, the FDA has issued a warning to healthcare professionals and the general public, urging them not to purchase or consume an unregistered food supplement called "LUX Purple Corn Capsule (No Approved…
- FDA Warns Against Unregistered Food Product "LIVELUXLIFE LUX Glutagen w/ Sodium Ascorbate & Alkali with Glutathione
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a warning to healthcare professionals and the general public regarding the purchase and consumption of an unregistered food product called "LIVELUXLIFE LUX Glutagen w/ Sodium Ascorbate &…
- FSSAI Implements Revised Limits for Manganese, Selenium, Biotin, and Iron in Infant Foods Ahead of Amendment Regulations
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has issued a directive to reinstate the revised limits for Manganese, Selenium, Biotin, and Iron in certain Infant Foods, effective from April 1, 2023.
The food labeling partial revision notice includes:
1) Retort food terminology reorganization
2) Frozen desserts and ice goods do not need to be heated, hence a new provision exempts them from labeling.
- The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) is proposing to revise the MOPH notification concerning Food products Required to bear Nutrition Labelling and Guideline Daily Amounts, GDA Labelling
The following provisions shall replace Clause 5(1) of the Ministry of Public Health's Notification (No. 394) B.E. 2561 (2018) issued under the Food Act B.E.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety Takes Swift Action on Prohibited Ingredient Found in Japanese Health Food Product
The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) in South Korea has detected a Japanese health functional food called "Umaregawaru (Bloom like a flower) (item: Vitamin B1)" containing a prohibited ingredient.