South Korea's Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, has implemented new measures to bolster the safety management of imported food items purchased directly by consumers from overseas.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety introduces measures to enhance oversight of overseas direct purchases and streamline import inspections
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety Takes Swift Action on Prohibited Ingredient Found in Japanese Health Food Product
The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) in South Korea has detected a Japanese health functional food called "Umaregawaru (Bloom like a flower) (item: Vitamin B1)" containing a prohibited ingredient.
South Korea has recently released a notice unveiling the full text of the revised Food Code, which incorporates updated food standards and specifications.
The Regulation on Exceptions of Prohibited Labels and Advertisements of Food Function Claims was updated on March 8, 2023, by the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS).
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) of Republic of Korea signs 'Korea-Peru Fishery Product Safety Arrangement'
The arrangement was made to improve safety of Peruvian fishery products imported by South Korea. It will be effective from Jan 13, 2024. With this arrangement, MFDS has fishery product safety arrangement with 10 countries.
The proposed Amendments are as follows: 1) To adjust the subjects of random sampling test to conform to the regulation listed above; 2) To adjust the fishery products that are subjects of inspection for veterinary drugs in accordance…
- South Korea - Food Standards and Specifications Partially Revision Notification (draft) Administrative notice (Announcement No. 2022-575)
1) The text on how to apply pollution standards has been revised to clarify how requirements should be applied.
- South Korea - Procedures and Requirements for On-site Inspection of Foreign Food Facilities and Foreign Establishments
1) Amendment of regulations concerning remote inspection (Article 5, etc.)−Inclusion of remote inspection-related content following the establishment of Article 9-2 of the Special Act on Imported Food Safety Control;
- South Korea issues draft regulation on standards of meat alternatives and foods for special medical purposes (FSMP)
Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS), South Korea have released two drafts open for public comments on standards of meat alternatives and new types of foods for special medical purposes (FSMP).|It also proposes to optimize the management…
- WTO notified about proposed amendments to the Korean Standards and Specifications for Food Utensils, Containers and Packages
On October 17, 2022, WTO published notification on proposed amendments to the Standards and Specifications for Food Utensils, Containers and Packages issued by South Korea's Ministry of Food and Drug Safety.