South Korea's Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, has implemented new measures to bolster the safety management of imported food items purchased directly by consumers from overseas.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety introduces measures to enhance oversight of overseas direct purchases and streamline import inspections
The food labeling partial revision notice includes:
1) Retort food terminology reorganization
2) Frozen desserts and ice goods do not need to be heated, hence a new provision exempts them from labeling.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety Takes Swift Action on Prohibited Ingredient Found in Japanese Health Food Product
The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) in South Korea has detected a Japanese health functional food called "Umaregawaru (Bloom like a flower) (item: Vitamin B1)" containing a prohibited ingredient.
- The Food and Drug Safety Assessment Service (FDSAS) has introduced a new guide called the "Health Functional Food Functional Evaluation Guide (Complainant's Guide) Regarding Children's Height Growth
Food and Drug Safety Assessment Service (FDSAS) has unveiled a new guide titled "Health Functional Food Functional Evaluation Guide (Complainant's Guide) Regarding Children's Height Growth." This comprehensive guide is designed to offer valuable…
South Korea has recently released a notice unveiling the full text of the revised Food Code, which incorporates updated food standards and specifications.
- Notice: Legislative Notice of Partial Amendment of Law Enforcement Decree of the Act on Labeling of Country of Origin of Agricultural and Fishery Products
The reason for the revision is to unify the method of labeling the country of origin (font size) for imported processed foods and domestic processed foods in order to alleviate the burden on companies and solve the problem of equity, clarify the…
The Regulation on Exceptions of Prohibited Labels and Advertisements of Food Function Claims was updated on March 8, 2023, by the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS).
- Republic of Korea partially revised (draft) the food and livestock products safety management certification standards
To improve the safety management certification standard (HACCP), South Korea issued a draft on food and livestock products safety management certification standards.
Korea proposed amendments to the standards and specifications of food products.|The changes proposed aim to:|1. Clarify the application standards of contaminants, pesticides and veterinary drugs.|2.
Korea is proposing to amend the "Standards and Specifications for the Food Additives".|The regulation states that:|1.