On May 22, 2023, the Swedish Food Safety Authority issued Announcement 2023:3, the Food Supplements Regulation. The main contents of the regulations include:
The food labeling partial revision notice includes:
1) Retort food terminology reorganization
2) Frozen desserts and ice goods do not need to be heated, hence a new provision exempts them from labeling.
In accordance with TZS 742 standard, Containers for raw Brazil nut kernels must be produced from food-grade packing material and sealed in a way that protects the product's sanitary, safe, nutritional, and organoleptic qualities.
In accordance with TZS 742 standard, Containers for both raw and roasted hazelnut kernels must be made of food-grade packing material and sealed in a way that protects the product's sanitary, safe, nutritional, and organoleptic qualities.
In accordance with TZS 330 standard, Almond flour must be packaged in containers made from food grade packing material and sealed in a way that prevents contamination and maintains the product's freshness, safety, nutritional value, and sensory…
- FDA has submitted the following proposed: Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packaging, Labeling, or Holding Operations for Dietary Supplements, collection of information to OMB for review and clearance.
The Secretary of Health and Human Services has the authority to issue regulations outlining what constitutes good manufacturing practice for dietary supplements, per section 402(g) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) (21 U.…
China has updated its national standard on the use of additives in goods and materials that come into contact with food and has informed the World Trade Organization (WTO) of the change.
- Draft MERCOSUR Technical Regulation on silicones intended for the manufacture of materials, packaging, linings and equipment in contact with food
Argentina notified World Trade Organization about the draft MERCOSUR Technical Regulation pertains to silicones used in food-contact materials, packaging, linings, and equipment.
- Public consultation: Draft Mercosur Technical Regulation (RTM) on use of silicones in food contact applications
The draft RTM on silicones described for the manufacture of materials, packaging, coatings, and food-contact equipment is submitted for consultation before approval.
Diphenyl(2,4,6-trimethylbenzoyl)phosphine oxide (DPTB) is harmful for reproduction, hence Sweden plans to submit a request to ECHA to designate it as a Substance of Very High Concern (SVHC).