South Korea's Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, has implemented new measures to bolster the safety management of imported food items purchased directly by consumers from overseas.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety introduces measures to enhance oversight of overseas direct purchases and streamline import inspections
- Republic of Korea partially revised (draft) the food and livestock products safety management certification standards
To improve the safety management certification standard (HACCP), South Korea issued a draft on food and livestock products safety management certification standards.
Korea proposed amendments to the standards and specifications of food products.|The changes proposed aim to:|1. Clarify the application standards of contaminants, pesticides and veterinary drugs.|2.
Korea is proposing to amend the "Standards and Specifications for the Food Additives".|The regulation states that:|1.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) of Republic of Korea signs 'Korea-Peru Fishery Product Safety Arrangement'
The arrangement was made to improve safety of Peruvian fishery products imported by South Korea. It will be effective from Jan 13, 2024. With this arrangement, MFDS has fishery product safety arrangement with 10 countries.
South Korea has proposed amendment of the "Special Act on Imported Food Safety Control"In the case of foods that are directly imported from abroad, new rules will be set for the classification of items, such as narcotics and pharmaceutical…
The proposed Amendments are as follows: 1) To adjust the subjects of random sampling test to conform to the regulation listed above; 2) To adjust the fishery products that are subjects of inspection for veterinary drugs in accordance…
- South Korea - Food Standards and Specifications Partially Revision Notification (draft) Administrative notice (Announcement No. 2022-575)
1) The text on how to apply pollution standards has been revised to clarify how requirements should be applied.
- South Korea - Procedures and Requirements for On-site Inspection of Foreign Food Facilities and Foreign Establishments
1) Amendment of regulations concerning remote inspection (Article 5, etc.)−Inclusion of remote inspection-related content following the establishment of Article 9-2 of the Special Act on Imported Food Safety Control;
- South Korea issues draft regulation on standards of meat alternatives and foods for special medical purposes (FSMP)
Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS), South Korea have released two drafts open for public comments on standards of meat alternatives and new types of foods for special medical purposes (FSMP).|It also proposes to optimize the management…