The Food Safety Commission of Japan (FSCJ) has conducted a thorough safety assessment of the flavoring additive "Valencene," which is produced using the Rhodobacter sphaeroides 168 strain.
- Food Safety Commission of Japan Declares Safety of Flavoring Additive "Valencene" Produced with Rhodobacter sphaeroides 168 Strain
- Japan suspends import of poultry meat and egg products from Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Hungary, Poland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America
In order to prevent the introduction of the High Pathogenicity Avian Influenza (HPAI) virus into Japan, MAFF (The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries) has suspended the import of Live poultry, poultry meat or egg products from the…
Japan proposes to add MRL for Florasulam in wheat, barley, rye and other cereal gains as 0.01 ppm each.
On December 27, 2022, MHLW added a supplementary amendment to amendment 1219, stating that there is a one-year transition for revisions to "Taxus cuspidata".
- Japanese Regulatory Framework and Approach for Genome-edited Foods Based on Latest Scientific Findings
The most widely used genome-editing tool, CRISPR/Cas9, is easy to use and affordable. Genome sequencing technology has developed rapidly in recent years but it is still difficult to detect large deletions and structural variations.
On 27th December 2022, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare(MHLW), Japan issues a supplemetary amendment to the amendment 1219 which is a directory that distinguishes Drug and Non-Drug ingredients.| Supplementary amendment enriches the contents…
Government of Japan proposed Amendment to the Specifications and Standards for Foods and Food Additives. The use of the additive is expanded to include grape wine.
- Japan adopts MRLs of Lubabegron, Tetraniliprole, Pencycuron, Flufenoxuron, Picoxystrobin, Bacitracin, Ampicillin, Cyantraniliprole, Afidopyropen and cyfluthrin
The Japan Food chemical Research Faundation has revised MRLs of the agricultural chemicals, feed additives and veterinary drugs in foods.
- Japan has banned the import of poultry meat and egg products from the departments of Ardèche, Drôme and Gironde in France
MAFF (The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries), Japan has suspended the import of poultry meat and egg products from the departments of Ardèche, Drôme and Gironde in France, including those shipped through third countries, from 12…
- Japan has suspended the import of poultry meat and egg products from Hampton County, Virginia, in the United States.
In the American state of Virginia, an outbreak of HPAI was identified in poultry operations.