The Food Standards Agency (FSA) is responsible for food safety and food hygiene across the UK. Due to Brexit, from December 31, 2020, the UK has become the third country and is publishing a batch of technical guidance documents for businesses on the implications of an exit from the EU. The products planned to be placed in the UK require separate evaluations. Food/Food Supplement brand owners/manufacturers must be prepared to comply with the new regulations laid by the Food Standards Agency (FSA).
- There is no requirement to register imported Foods/ Food Supplements except for the introduction of Novel Foods according to the import regulation in the UK.
- Certain Food/Food Supplement products called Regulated Foods require authorization before they are sold in the UK as per The Food Standard Agency (FSA). These products require dossier compilation and consultation with HA if the product falls under the Regulated Foods category.
- For Novel Foods, it is required to have a pre-market safety assessment and authorization.
Freyr assists manufacturers to streamline their market-entry activities with end-to-end Regulatory support.
- Post-Brexit Related Consultation
- Food Product/Food Supplement Classification
- Formula Review/Ingredients Assessment/Product Compliance
- Label and Claims Review
- Food Product/Food Supplement Registration
- Regulatory Intelligence Report
- Product-Specific Regulatory Guidelines/Standards
- Novel Food Inquiry Submission
- Novel Food Registration
- Guidance for Import Regulation in the UK
- Claims Consultation and Substantiation
End-to-end Regulatory consultation
Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of foods like health supplements, dietary supplements, nutraceuticals, health functional foods, health functional beverages, foods for special dietary use, etc.
Support for region-specific Regulatory activities
Extensive partner network across the globe
Strong relationship with different Health Authorities
End-to-end consulting support for any Novel Food registration