Classification of Food and Food Supplements is a challenging task, since it is dependent on several factors like intended use, presentation form, ingredients used, usage levels, borderline products (Drug-Food category), ingredients falling both in drug and food category (like Vitamins and Minerals) etc. Food and Food Supplements are termed and referred differently by global Health Authorities (HAs). Some of the terminologies used are ‘health supplements’, ‘dietary supplements’ (USA), ‘food supplements’ (EU/UK), ‘nutraceuticals’, ‘health functional foods (HFF), ‘health functional beverages’, ‘foods for special dietary use’, ‘Functional Foods’, and so on. Food product classification can vary from country to country. One must determine the class or category based on the regulations and requirements of the respective HA.
Freyr offers a comprehensive range of Regulatory to ensure they meet the compliance requirements for food and food supplement classification and registration as well. Freyr provides specialized Regulatory services like region-specific food product classification, formulation review for acceptability of food ingredients/dietary ingredients, vitamins, minerals and food additives, identification of prohibited ingredients, pre-formulation assessment, recommendations on the reformulation, and devises Regulatory strategy and pathways.
- Food and food supplements Product categorization or classification
- Formula review for acceptability of vitamins, minerals and food additives
- Region-specific food and food supplement classification
- Regulatory pathway or strategy for deciding on the classification
- Pre-formulation Regulatory assessment
- Providing recommendations on the reformulation of the product
- Identification of prohibited ingredients
- End-to-end Regulatory consultation for classification of food products/Product classification
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of Food and Food Supplements like, health supplements, dietary supplements, nutraceuticals, health functional foods, health functional beverages, foods for special dietary use, etc.
- Support for region-specific Regulatory complexities
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- Strong relationship with different health authorities
- Structured approach to ensure quick market access