Most countries have established regulations and scientific standards to ensure that the food labeling claims are expressed correctly and are substantiated scientifically. These regulations and scientific requirements can differ based on various factors like the type of label claims, the product of interest, their intended use, and country-specific requirements.
Freyr’s food label review experts can assist food supplement manufacturers in reviewing the Food and Food Supplements claims based on the available scientific and Regulatory data of the respective Health Authority (HA) to ensure compliance. We review product formulas and their intended use to determine whether the functional food claims/nutrient claims qualify for a health claim or fall into any other category. Freyr's claims review capabilities include a comprehensive literature review to determine whether enough data exists to support the Food and Food Supplements (FDS) health claims.
- Review product formulas and ingredients to decide on nutrient function claims
- Review food label claims to determine if it qualifies for a health claim or some other claim based on labeling information
- Claims review on artwork and promotional material
- Review claims statements to ensure compliance with existing regulations
- Literature reviews and data supporting claims that are available
- Functional food claims review
- End-to-end functional food claims review consultation or any other type of claims review based on existing claims
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of health foods like health supplements, dietary supplements, nutraceuticals, health functional foods, health functional beverages, foods for special dietary use, and much more.
- Claims review for all categories of food products and supplements
- Support for region-specific Regulatory complexities
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- A strong relationship with various global health authorities
- A structured approach to ensure quick market access