Most countries have established regulations and scientific standards to ensure that food labeling claims are expressed correctly and are substantiated scientifically. These regulations and scientific requirements can differ based on various factors like, the type of label claims, the product of interest, its intended use and country-specific requirements.
Freyr’s food label review experts can assist food supplement manufacturers in review of Food and Food Supplements claims based on the available scientific and Regulatory data of respective Health Authority (HA) to ensure compliance. We review product formulas and their intended use to determine whether the functional food claims/nutrient claims qualify for a health claim or fall into any other category. Freyr's claims review capabilities include comprehensive literature review to determine whether enough data exists to support the health claims of products.
- Review product formulas and ingredients to decide on nutrient function claims
- Review food label claims to determine if it qualifies for a health claim or some other claim basis labeling information
- Claims review on artwork and promotional material
- Review claim statements to ensure compliance with existing regulations
- Literature reviews and available data supporting claims
- End-to-end Functional food Claims review consultation or any other type of claims review based on existing claims
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of health foods like, health supplements, dietary supplements, nutraceuticals, health functional foods, health functional beverages, foods for special dietary use, etc
- Claims review for all categories of food products and supplements
- Support for region-specific Regulatory complexities
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- Strong relationship with various global health authorities
- Structured approach to ensure quick market access