In Peru, the Regulatory framework for food and dietary supplements has been developed by the Peruvian Ministry of Health (MoH). The framework includes registration and labeling requirements, claims, and marketing authorizations. The authorized body responsible for granting marketing authorizations in Peru is the General Directorate of Medicines, Supplies, and Drugs (DIGEMID).
In Peru, food supplements are categorized as both foods and dietary or pharmaceutical products depending on their presentation and health claims.
- Dietary products that are in the food form and without health claims are regulated by the General Directorate of Environmental Health and Food Safety – DIGESA (Dirección General de Salud Ambiental e Inocuidad Alimentaria). These products are regarded as foods and are regulated accordingly.
- Dietary supplements in pharmaceutical form (such as pills, tablets, capsules, etc.) and/or with health claims are regulated by the General Directorate of Medicines, Supplies, and Drugs - DIGEMID (Dirección General de Medicamentos, Insumos y Drogas). These products are considered dietary products and are subject to the regulations established for pharmaceuticals.
Get Started with DIGEMID Food Supplement Registration Services
Don't let the complexities of DIGEMID's food supplement registration process hold you back from bringing your products to the Peruvian market. Contact us today to discuss your specific needs and learn how our services can simplify the registration process for your food and dietary supplements. Our experienced team is ready to assist you in navigating DIGEMID's Regulatory requirements, ensuring compliance, and helping you seize opportunities in the Peruvian market.
Let us be your trusted partner in achieving successful food supplement registration with DIGEMID, allowing you to provide safe and high-quality products to consumers while complying with all applicable regulations.
- Food Products and Supplements’ Compliance and Classification.
- Formula Review/Ingredients Assessment.
- Label and Claims Review.
- Dossier Compilation and Submission to the Health Authority (HA).
- Registration Support.
- Regulatory Intelligence (RI) and Regulatory Strategies.
- Regulatory updates on the Guidelines/Standards.
- Local Person Support and Legal Representation (LR).
- Ad-Hoc Consulting Services.
- MoH Consulting Services.
Strong rapport with DIGEMID.
A qualified global in-house team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of foods and dietary supplements.
Extensive partner network across the globe.
Customized Regulatory solutions and guidance.
Comprehensive support and efficiency.